Oriental and Asian Style Imported Furniture
Asian Style Furniture
It's no surprise that Asia has such a large influence on interior design, after all, it is the largest continent on the Earth. It is a surprise however, how diverse it's design elements are and how easy they can be to incorporate asian style furniture into any design. Whether you're looking to create a room full of Old World influence or simply wish to infuse some asian inspiration into your modern decor, Design Mix Furniture can help you find the perfect pieces to complete your look.
Asian style furniture is a very broad term that encompasses several distinct styles, the most popular of which are Japanese and Chinese. Although both are referred to as Oriental style furniture, Chinese and Japanese style furniture differ in several ways.
Japanese Style Furniture
As with most oriental furniture, Japanese style furniture puts an emphasis on peace, harmony and order. Japanese design takes a very minimalist approach, using muted colors, simple textures and clean lines. Most Japanese furniture and decor is constructed from natural materials such as bamboo and maple and are very simple in design.
There are many ways you can incorporate Japanese style into your home:
- Use muted colors such as whites, tans, greys, light blues and steel greens.
- Use lighting that makes use of rice paper to create a soft light.
- Leave open space to produce the feeling of balance and order.
- Make use of a simple shoji screen to offer privacy, divide two spaces or diffuse light.
- Place orchids or bamboo in a traditional Japanese vase, use odd number of flowers for an organic design, even number for a more disciplined design.
- Use furniture that is low to the ground, accent tables and futons are perfect.
- Use traditional Japanese furniture in a modern way, such as a kimono closet as an entertainment center.
Our designers at MIX Furniture can help you come up with a Japanese design that is fitting to your needs and lifestyle.
Chinese Style Furniture
Chinese style furniture differs from Japanese style in several ways. To start, Chinese style tends to be more graphic. Chinese art depicts graphic scenes of samurais and dragons and makes use of bold colors such as reds and golds. Chinese furniture typically is made of darker woods such as mahogany and uses dark paints and stains.
There are several ways in which you can infuse Chinese design style into your current space:
- Use rich colors such as reds, golds, greens and black.
- Paint an accent wall red.
- Use simple lighting and/or floral arrangements around one or two pieces of high quality furniture, such as an ornately designed antique chest or hand carved chair.
- Incorporate decorated paper lanterns into your lighting theme.
- Purchase dark stained or black furniture with red accents.
- Place stalks of bamboo in Chinese urn.
We pride ourselves on our selection of oriental furniture, from antique and reclaimed to newly crafted contemporary asian furniture. Our imported furniture is hand crafted by skilled artisans dedicated to the craft of constructing and refurbishing quality asian furniture that lasts for decades.
Whether you desire to create a dramatic bold Chinese look, or subtle clean Japanese expression, Design Mix Furniture can help you put your look together. From Chinese antique furniture to modern Chinese furniture, MIX has everything you need to create a stunning asian motif.